AYUDH Chennai Conducts Campaign for Cultural Diversity
Three-quarters of the world’s major conflicts have a cultural dimension. Bridging the gap between cultures is urgent and necessary for Peace stability and development. The World Day for Cultural Diversity, for Dialogue and Development provides an opportunity to deepen our understanding of the values of cultural diversity and to learn to “live together” better. AYUDH Chennai celebrated World Day for cultural diversity for Dialogue and Development 2019 with an event that included -
- Video conferencing with students from France and Nigeria to know about their various cultural aspects
- An activity based Quiz game to understand India's cultural diversity
- A Chopsticks relay game to learn a new international cultural custom
- Virtual Reality experience of different countries
- Hand painting a logo for the day
We learnt how we could use channels of art, new media and information and communication technologies (ICT) to promote respect and mutual understanding among diverse cultures of the world. We feel fulfilled having organized a fun event that helped spread respect for each other’s cultures and traditions in the hearts of the participants from various religions and cultures.Happy World Day for cultural diversity for Dialogue and Development 2019 to all!